Examples of actions that performance marketing “encourages” people to perform include:
- clicking on an advertisement,
- visiting a given website,
- filling out an online survey form,
- placing an order for a given product.
What are the typical channels of performance marketing?Performance marketing is possible thanks to the use of such tools as:
- e-mail marketing, i.e. sending advertising e-mails to potential customers (the effectiveness of e-mail marketing can be measured, for example, by the number of users who read the message and directed through the e-mail to the customer’s website);
- Search Engine Marketing, i.e. making a given advertisement visible to those users who typed in a related phrase in the browser. Effectiveness can be measured by the number of visits to a given website.